Recently, I gave a presentation to local writers on Social Networking using Social Media, with a focus on WordPress and Twitter.
Below you’ll find the first of a series of video tutorials covering the (very) basics of blogging using WordPress.com and tweeting with Twitter.
Part I: Creating Your First Blog Using WordPress (Sign Up and Activation)
- Go to www.wordpress.com and click on the Get Started button
- Fill out the form with the requested information
- Make sure to memorize the username and password you create, and/or save them somewhere secure.
- Choose the FREE option for now. You can always upgrade later if you desire.
- Click on the Create Blog button at the bottom of the form.
- Check your email for a message from WordPress.com.
- Click the link to activate your blog or copy the link and paste it into your browser.
Check back tomorrow when I cover Part II: Choosing a Theme & Your First Post.